The Massif du Sancy is a vast territory. To discover it, we advise you to get information from the campsite reception, from one of the Sancy tourist offices or to buy guides or hiking maps of the Sancy (on sale at the campsite, in the tourist offices or in bookshops).
- The nature reserves of the Chaudefour valley (7kms) and Chastreix-Sancy (25kms)
The Chaudefour Valley is on the way to the campsite, we recommend the many footpaths and waterfalls in this beautiful valley. Circuit for all levels.
Please note: dogs are not allowed in the nature reserve.
A must see
- The Passes
The campsite is separated from Le Mont-Dore (15kms) by different puys, to get there you will find 2 passes:
By the left the pass of the Croix Saint Robert (1451m)
On the right, the Croix Morand pass (1401m)
From up there you have a magnificent view. Ideal for bikers, cyclists, but also for hikers who would like to cross from one pass to another.
Nearby you will also find the col du Guéry
- the Mont Dore (15 kms) the Puy de Sancy (1786m) highest point of Auvergne. (Do not leave without having done it)
- Besse (15kms) crater of Puy Montchal above the lake Pavin
- Chambon (3kms) La dent du Marais (nice view on the lake Chambon)
- Murol (6kms) The Tartaret Volcano
- Murat le Quaire (20kms) La Banne d’Ordanche
- RECOMMENDED OUTSIDE SANCY
- Puy de Dôme
- Plateau of Gergovie
- Puy de la Vache and Lassolas
- Lakes, waterfalls and springs
- Besse (15kms)
Lake Pavin (the must-see)
- Besse (15kms)
Here are only the closest or the best known sites, but many other lakes and waterfalls are worth a visit (such as the Lake of Aydat, Lake of Montcineyre….)
- Les Sources
DID YOU KNOW?
Spring and mineral waters from the Sancy are bottled for consumption.
The Auvergne Mont Dore mountain spring water is collected directly from the source, at an altitude of 1220m.
You will find many different springs in the Sancy:
Ferruginous, thermal and mineral springs…
(like the St Anne spring in the Chaudefour valley)
TO BE DISCOVERED !