Daytime activities in July and August
Every week, the Mountain Bureau guides propose :
- a hike with a guide (special camping) (paying) on the fauna/flora/volcanoes
- a hike with a guide (special camping) (paying) ‘ sunrise ‘ at 5am with the possibility to see the chamois
- a hike on a volcano depending on the season.
- It is advisable to bring good shoes, sun, rain and cold weather gear as well as your camera and binoculars.
Every Thursday night:
- a fondue evening with Saint-Nectaire cheese at the brasserie.
For young and old the playroom is equipped with :
- a ping-pong table, don’t forget your rackets (rackets can be lent and balls sold at the reception)
- a table football without a coin-operated machine (balls are sold at the reception)
- a pinball machine and an electronic shuffleboard (with coin-operated)
Next to the swimming pool you will find the children’s playground (2-8 years) with a wooden structure consisting of a slide, a swing, a seesaw, 2 spring games and a wooden hut.
For young and old, a badminton court with net.
At your disposal near the games room, a petanque field for 2 games.
Activities in the area
The communes of Chambon sur lac and Murol every summer in July and August offer you a programme of activities every day, during the day or in the evening (programme available at the reception of the campsite, in the tourist offices, town hall):
- welcome drink
- Guided tours of the village
- documentaries on volcanoes, games…for young and old.
- May 1st: Jeep rally
- Beginning of August 2021 : International hill climb race of Mont Dore