- The rural heritage
On the communes of Sancy you will find :
Many bread ovens in activity during summer events, but also wash houses, fountains, and multitudes of crosses.
- In Saint nectaire
A beautiful hike will allow you to discover dolmens and menhirs while passing by the caves of Châteauneuf.
- Religious buildings
Each church of all the communes of the Sancy has its particularity:
Like the one in Chambon, a Romanesque church from the 12th century. But that of St Nectaire church of XIIème (one of the 5 major churches of Auvergne) is worth the turning.
The medieval town of Besse, the neo-Byzantine thermal baths of Mont Dore, the small mountain village.
Murat le Quaire, St Nectaire and Murol are part of the program of visits that are necessary to discover the region and its history.
Among the discoveries to be made, here are some:
– The house of the nature reserve of the chaudefour valley
Scenes of Toinette and Julien in Murat le Quaire
– Museum of the Painters of the School of Murol
– the Castle of Murol (simple, guided or animated visit)
– the petrifying fountains of St Nectaire
– the caves of Cornadore in St Nectaire
– the Jonas troglodyte site in St Pierre colamine
– the Myocastor Farm in Murol (for children)
– the mysteries of Farges in St nectaire
- Recommended visits outside Sancy:
– Vulcania (50 kms)
– Volcano of Egypt in front of Vulcania
– The Michelin adventure in Clermont-Ferrand (50 kms)
– Château de la Bâtisse
– Auvergne Animal Park in Ardes sur Couze